PADI Speciality courses available through Dive Camp and Sail Camp adventures include:
- Boat Diver Specialty - Whether you've never made a boat dive or you've logged dozens, the PADI Boat Diver Specialty course can benefit almost every diver because different boats in different parts of the world do things differently.
- Deep Diver Specialty - After your first few scuba dives, you soon want to explore a bit deeper. There’s something exciting and mysterious about the depth that attracts divers and this course teaches you the techniques, planning considerations and organisation of dives up to the recreational diving depth limit of 18-40 metres/ 60-130 feet.
- Digital Underwater Photography Specialty - Underwater photography is one of the most popular diving specialties, and the rise of digital underwater photography has made it easier and more fun than ever. The PADI Digital Underwater Photographer course gets you going quickly with modern digital equipment, whether you use a point-and-shoot camera or a sophisticated D-SLR like the pros.
- Emergency Oxygen Provider - Be the one ready to help a fellow diver should the need arise by becoming a PADI Emergency Oxygen Provider. Breathe easy knowing that you know how to recognize illnesses treatable by emergency oxygen. Being the best buddy you can be means being prepared especially in a time of need.
- Enriched Air Diver Specialty - Learn to use enriched air (air with increased oxygen content). Because of its higher oxygen and lower nitrogen content nitrox allows longer bottom times on dives. This is perfect for divers who want to do multiple dives per day as it lowers the risk of decompression sickness. There are also reports that using nitrox makes divers less tired at the end of the day. This course trains you in the use of 32% and 36% oxygen mixes.
- Night Diver Specialty - As the sun sets, you'll don your dive gear, slip on your scuba mask and introduce yourself to the whole new cast of critters that comes out after the sun goes down. A deep breath and you step off the boat into the underwater night. Although you've seen this reef many times before, this time you drop into a whole new world and watch it come to life under the glow of your dive light.
- Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty - Divers who’ve mastered the highest performance levels in buoyancy stand apart. They glide effortlessly, use less air and ascend, descend or hover, almost as if by thought. They interact gently with aquatic life and affect their surroundings minimally. The PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy course refines the basic skills you learned as a PADI Open Water Diver and elevates them to the next level.
- Project AWARE Fish ID Specialty - Have you ever been scuba diving and asked yourself, "What was that?” The PADI Project AWARE Fish Identification Specialty course provides you with the fish identification basics so that next time, you know the answer.
- Project AWARE Coral Reef Conservation Specialty -The AWARE Coral Reef Conservation Specialty course is designed to inform you about the world’s coral reefs. As a scuba diver, the health of aquatic ecosystems is often what makes a good dive. Become aware of the fragility of coral reefs and how you can help preserve them.
- Search and Recovery Specialty - Everyone has lost something overboard at some point! So whether you are retrieving a bucket or looking for lost treasure the PADI Search and Recovery Diver Specialty course will teach you effective ways to find objects underwater and bring them to the surface. Small, large or just awkward, there is a way to bring them up.
- Underwater Naturalist Specialty - Look closer to see more on your next dive. Look for symbioses, predator/prey and other relationships between aquatic plant and animal life. Learn not just what fish and animals are, but how they interact with each other and the environment.
- Wreck Specialty - Whether sunk on purpose as an artificial reef or the result of mishap, wrecks open fascinating windows to the past. Most divers find wrecked ships, airplanes and even automobiles nearly irresistible because they're intriguing to explore, exciting avenues of discovery, and usually teeming with aquatic life. The PADI Wreck Diver course teaches you the ins and outs of rewarding, responsible wreck diving.
Further specialty courses can be taught upon request.
-If you would like to take one or more of these specialty courses let us know!
Please contact us for more information