7 Day- Pioneers Sail Camp - UK Solent
UK Solent 7 Day Voyage Outline
The Solent and Isle of Wight is world-famous as being one of the premier yachting and cruising areas in the world with many beautiful locations and picturesque harbours, marinas, rivers, creeks and beaches to explore.
The Solent encompasses a large area of protected water and is probably one of the busiest and most famous sailing areas in the world. It is an area steeped in history and natural beauty, with pretty fishing ports, islands and a wealth of activities for the enthusiastic marine scientist . Just outside of the Solent are other great cruising locations, including Chichester Harbour, Poole Harbour, Cowes, Yarmouth, Lymington, Beaulieu River, Newtown River, Hamble River and Portsmouth Harbour.
Join us as we take the Sail Camp Flotilla for an adventure along the Solent and the Jurassic South Coast towards Poole and Weymouth and the Solent. Explore the famous creeks and harbours, and yacht havens on an Summer Adventure to remember.
Certification Available :
RYA Start yachting / Competent Crew and work towards RYA Essential Navigation and Seamanship theory.
Duke of Edinburgh - Residential Award
Sailing in Flotilla, Treasure Hunts, Sail Camp Egg Drop, Exploring the Jurassic Coast, visit to the coastguard, coasting, canoeing*, Beach clean and rock pooling, Introduction to Environmental Science and Biology.
- 2x 40ft Yachts operating in a Flotilla = 12 Trainee Crew and 4 Sail Camp Staff (2x Skipper 2 x Mate/Instructors)
- 7 nights 10 am Saturday to 10am Friday
*Subject to availability
- 7 Day Explorers Sail Camp - Solent (Yachts)
- Ages 14-16
- Starts: Portsmouth (Port Solent) Saturday 25 October - 1000hrs
- Finishes: Portsmouth (Port Solent) Friday 31st October 1000hrs
- Meeting Point: Outside "All Bar One"
- RYA Start Yachting / Competent Crew
- Qualifies for DofE Residential
- Marine and Environmental Science Projects
Cost £850.00 all Inclusive
Course Reference Code - SC2005 (Remember this code)