Hard hitting statistics
The Prince's Trust report “Towards a NEET Solution,” sets out the following facts that concern the welfare of young people.
- Over 1,000,000 young people are not building a secure future for themselves
- Economic costs to the nation to be in the billions
- Over 115,000 18-19 years old's not in employment, education or training (NEETs)
- The UK was ranked 23rd in a league of 28 western countries for the proportion of 18-20 years olds not in employment, education, or training
- 65% of all young people between the ages of 16-25 in the UK felt that their lives had no purpose, were meaningless or not worth living; many suffering from depression due to the pressures they face to sustain education, obtain qualifications and establish a career.